Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year...Resolution!

In my first post I mentioned that each year I set a resolution that revolves around being more adventurous in the kitchen.  Each year I toss this resolution out like I do the ones I make about exercising more or reading the newspaper daily.   But this year will be different!  I will make reasonable, achievable plans and go for it.  Here are three things I resolve to accomplish in January 2015 that will match with my three brave categories in the prior post.

1.  Cooking....I will cook three new things in January.  This doesn't seem like much, but it takes time to find recipes that everyone in my family MIGHT like, grocery prep, and find days we are all home to enjoy :)  Plus, given I don't LOVE cooking...yet, it takes effort to just get going.

2.  Slam poetry...I need a start.  By the end of January, I will have a rough draft of something that I will commit to working on.

3.  Control freak...Bob and I made a list of chores for the kids to do.  The list is simple - tidy rooms, help set and clear the table, wipe the toothpaste out of the sink when a mess is made, and put the breakfast dishes in the sink.  Not hard, but so far my kiddos have had very little personal responsibility for home chores.  The kids are nine and soon to be six.  They can do, my biggest challenge will be holding them accountable to these chores and not just growling when they forget as I do the chores for them.

Finally, the start of second semester at work is a great time for me to start fresh.  I have a new class of students who I am sure will be eager to write creatively everyday - I hope to try some new ideas with them.  I can also try to enforce the school rules that I may have became very relaxed with by the end of first semester in the classroom and the library - no more lattes in the computer labs....

We will see, my hopes are that putting this out "there" makes me more accountable.

Happy New Year.  I have faith that 2015 will be a great year!  


1 comment:

  1. So excited for you! Can't wait to read about your progress! Welcome to the Brave club!

    ReplyDelete